Title: Highly pathogenic #avian #influenza #H5N8, #Croatia [a #poultry #outbreak].
Subject: Avian Influenza, H5N8 subtype, poultry epizootics in Croatia.
Source: OIE, full page: (LINK).
Code: [ ]
Highly pathogenic avian influenza H5N8, Croatia
Information received on 15/02/2017 from Dr Damir Agičić, Assistant to Minister, Chief Veterinary Officer, Veterinary and Food Safety Directorate, CRO Ministry of Agriculture, ZAGREB, Croatia
- Report type Follow-up report No. 2
- Date of start of the event 27/12/2016
- Date of confirmation of the event 03/01/2017
- Report date 15/02/2017
- Date submitted to OIE 15/02/2017
- Reason for notification New strain of a listed disease in the country
- Causal agent Highly pathogenic avian influenza virus
- Serotype H5N8
- Nature of diagnosis Clinical, Laboratory (basic), Laboratory (advanced)
- This event pertains to a defined zone within the country
- Summary of outbreaks
- Total outbreaks: 1
- Total animals affected: Species - Susceptible - Cases - Deaths - Destroyed - Slaughtered
- Birds - 453 - 52 - 52 - 342 - 0
- Outbreak statistics: Species - Apparent morbidity rate - Apparent mortality rate - Apparent case fatality rate - Proportion susceptible animals lost*
- Birds - 11.48% - 11.48% - 100.00% - 86.98%
- *Removed from the susceptible population through death, destruction and/or slaughter
- Source of the outbreak(s) or origin of infection
- Unknown or inconclusive
Keywords: OIE; Updates; Avian Influenza; H5N8 ; Poultry; Croatia.